Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Octave Archambeault

Octave Archambeault

The theme for this week was stormy weather and it reminded me of an interesting little article I found in several regional papers regarding a storm weathered by my third great grandfather, Octave Archambeault.

I don't know much about the ins and outs of Octave's life, I haven't "gotten around" to him yet, at least not a deep dive. I have the basic information, I feel like sometimes I get out as far as I can on a line and then dig in deep further back in the past working my way back to my generation, but that means I haven't really dug into the 2nd and 3rd great grandparents as much.

Anyway, I know that he was the son of French-Canadian immigrants (he being also descended from Jacques Archambault), and that he married a women named Ida McWilliams and settled in a little town called Argos, Indiana. He and his wife had 8 children that I am aware of, my 2nd great grandma Lillian among them.



Octave and Ida, presumably with Lillian and Violet


Left to Right, Margaret, Clarence, Ida, Jack, Lillian, Melvin, Virginia, Octave, and Violet


While searching for Octave in newspapers, I came across this little article that I found interesting. I spend so much time looking for records of the basic life events, but when I find anything out of the ordinary it really sticks with me, even if its something small or mundane or even if its a little unfortunate I still feel lucky to have gotten a little bit of insight into their lives and what happened to them beyond birth, marriage, kids, death. That's how I feel about this little article about Octave Archambeault's farm and a storm...

The Kokomo Tribune, May 29 1947, Pg 13




Octave lived a good long life dying in 1970 at the age of 93. He left behind a large family...76 great grandchildren.... I would love to figure out how many great great great grandchildren he has....
This was emailed to me and I'm not sure what the source is. I imagine it is from the Plymouth paper.